Members of the campus community and general public are invited to teach cooking classes in the teaching kitchen. If you are interested in teaching a class, please contact Katie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the preferred dates and times for your class. The teaching kitchen must be reserved at least one week in advance of the event or events.
- Full-day Class: $50
- Half-day Class: $25
These fees help us cover the cost of basic supplies for the kitchen and insure the sustainability of the cooking programs at UNC Asheville. We encourage uses that support the mission of the teaching kitchen; if these costs are prohibitive for your organization, please contact us.
Instuctors are asked to follow the standard kitchen procedures of the teaching kitchen. These include the following care and use guidelines:
- Teacher or event leader must undergo a brief training on the safe care and use of the teaching kitchen and its equipment. This can be scheduled with Katie Cox at email@example.com.
- Teacher or event leader needs to be adequately trained on food and kitchen safety and will sign a liability waiver before using the kitchen to be kept on file in the NCCHW.
- Teacher or event leader is responsible for supplying and removing all ingredients and prepared food. Please bring containers to remove leftovers from the kitchen.
- Refrigerators and freezers may be used prior to an event in the kitchen to store food, but all leftovers must be removed after the event. If a course is ongoing, arrangements can be made to use a specified storage area.
- All equipment, surfaces, and floors must be left clean after each use.
- All heat and water sources and hood fan must be turned off before leaving.
- Any needed repairs, equipment damage or loss, must be reported to the kitchen manager.
- Please review the kitchen checklist before leaving the site. Checklist is kept on a clipboard in the kitchen.
Request to use UNC Asheville Teaching Kitchen
Please contact Katie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Google request form coming soon!