- 9:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Paula’s practice experience includes lifespan treatment, physical therapy education, and clinical research. Her professional preparation includes: BS from Penn State, physical therapy training from Hahnemann Medical School, MS and PhD from University of Delaware, and NIH funded postdoctoral training (clinical biostatistics and epidemiology) at SOM, University of Pennsylvania. Academy of Aquatic Physical Therapy (APTA) roles included: president, secretary, bylaws chair, recipient of two Academy Clinical Research Grants: Aquatic Exercise in Breast Cancer Related Lymphedema Management and aquatic exercise and nutritional guidance for individuals with SCI. Also, an investigator on 3 Department of Defense awards all evaluating spinal cord injury participant outcomes: 1) Aquatic and Lokomat exercise; 2) exoskeleton usage; and 3) biopsychosocial prospective shoulder pain predictive model outcomes. In addition to peer reviewed articles, Dr. Geigle co-authored/edited the text book Aquatic Exercise: Rehabilitation and Training.
- Gorman PH, Scott WH, Vanhiel L, Tansey K, Sweatman HM, Geigle PR. Comparison of Peak Oxygen Consumption Response to Aquatic and Robotic Therapy in Individuals with Chronic Motor Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury: A Randomized Controlled Trial. JSCM. 2019
- Ognowska-Slodownik A, Gorman PH, Slodownik R, Scott WH. Measuring Peak Volume of Oxygen (Peak VO2) in Deep Water for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury
- Heywood S, Mentiplay BF, Clark R, Rahmann AE, Mcclelland J, Villalta E, Geigle PR. Force during functional exercises on land and in water in older adults with and without knee osteoarthritis: Implications for rehabilitation. The Knee. November 2018.
- Geigle PR, Ognowska-Slodownik A, Gorman PH, Slodownik R, Scott WH. Measuring Peak Volume of Oxygen (Peak VO2) in Deep Water for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury: Protocol development. JAPT. 2018;(26):
- Geigle PR. What aquatic exercise dosage do U prescribe? JAPT Special Dosage Edition. 2018:
- Heywood S, Pua Y, Mccelland J, Geigle PR, Rahman A, Bowman K, Clark R. Low-cost electromyography: Validation against a commercial system using both manual and automated activation timing thresholds. J Electromyography and Kinesiology. June 2018.
- Rowiński R, Morgulec-Adamowicz N, Ognowska-Slodownik A, Geigle PR, Participation in leisure activities and tourism among older people with and without disabilities in Poland. Archives Gerontology and Geriatrics. 2017. July (73).
- Kallins M, Geigle PR. Exoskeleton assisted walking for people with spinal cord injury. Archives Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2016.
- Heywood A, McClelland J, Mentiplay B, Geigle PR, Clark R. The effectiveness of aquatic exercise in improving lower limb strength in musculoskeletal conditions: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Archives Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2016.
- Geigle PR, Ognowska-Slodownik A, Frye SK. Aquatic exercise for people with spinal cord injury. Archives Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2016.
- Heywood S, McClelland J, Geigle PR, Rahmann A, Clark R. Spatiotemporal, kinematic, force and muscle activation outcomes during gait and functional exercise in water compared to on land: A systematic review. Gait and Posture. 2016; 48.
- Perrault JR, Geigle PR, Gorman PH, Scott WH. Improvement in weight loss and ambulation outcomes after gastric sleeve surgery for a person with chronic motor-incomplete tetraplegia: clinical case report. Spinal Cord. 2016.
- Mishra SI, Scherer RW, Snyder C, Geigle P, Gotay C. The Effectiveness of Exercise Interventions for Improving Health-Related Quality of Life from Diagnosis through Active Cancer Treatment. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2015. 43(1):E33-53.
- Mishra SI, Scherer RW, Snyder C, Geigle P, Gotay C. Are exercise programs effective for improving health-related quality of life among cancer survivors? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2014 Nov ;41(6): E326-42.
- Gorman P, Geigle PR, Chen K, York H, Scott W. Reliability and relatedness of peak VO2 assessments during body weight supported treadmill training and arm cycle ergometry in individuals with chronic motor incomplete spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord. 2014;52:287-291.
- Geigle PR, Frye S, Perreault J, Scott W, Gorman P. Atypical autonomic dysreflexia during robotic assisted body weight supported treadmill training in an individual with motor incomplete spinal cord injury. Journal Spinal Cord Injury Medicine. 2012.
- Mishra SI, Scherer RW, GeiglePR, Berlanstein DR. Exercise interventions on health-related quality of life for people after active cancer treatment. JohnWiley & Sons, Ltd, UK. The Cochrane Library;2012.
- Mishra SI, Scherer RW, GeiglePR, Berlanstein DR. Exercise interventions on health-related quality of life for people during active cancer treatment. JohnWiley & Sons, Ltd, UK. The Cochrane Library;(4):2012.
- Paleg G, Glickman L, Geigle PR. Systematic Review of Supported Standing. Journal of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine. December,2010.